Friday, January 16, 2009

Where we live is very cold....burr

It has been snowing like crazy here and the temperature seems to be getting lower and lower everyday! You cannot leave your house without serious boots on! Here I am with my usual get up...my down coat, snow boots, and mittens...my hood is down in the back! Blair took this picture on the way to church last Sunday. So we decided what makes the snow seem even more grand?? SKIING of course!! So we went for the day after church with our friends Micah and Marianna. Getting our car out of the snow is a whole other story!! But, we got it out and made it just in time for the fresh powder!

We went to Wachussetts, which is about 45 min to an hour away. It was super fun and our first time ever to go night skiing :)


It did get progressively colder and colder, but it was so much fun. It was weird to be skiing on a Sunday and then have to be back for class the next morning. I have only gone on vacation or breaks where you are just mentally checked out in vacation mode...it was very fun & we can't wait to go again. Oh the perks of having a car in Beantown!!
Here is Blair with Marianna and Micah...they are both super fun :)

And OMG the best waffles I have ever eaten!!!!!! Everytime you would come down the slopes you would just smell this wonderfullness what was the waffles. So of course we had to get one...or two :) They were really sweet and kind of chewy so no syrup even needed. I think the waffles alone were worth the drive.


1 comment:

TheRays said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun skiing. I really do miss the snow living in OK.
love you