Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Check out my new china!!!!!!!

Isn't it beautiful!!! On our way into Napa we were a little early for an appointment to look at an apartment and we saw this awesome Estate Sale. I really love love dishes (I have no idea why, but I just do) and when I saw these I knew I had to have them...of course if the price was right, and was just hoping that they were not charging an arm and a leg for them. It was an older man and he charged close to nothing for all that he had! It is about 6 full settings and then a about 5 extra random dishes and even a cake plate! I had no idea what this was I just knew I loved it! As I was wrapping it up and only had a few pieces left a lady who was shopping came over and saw what I was wrapping and was like ohmygoodness I don't know what you paid for that, but it is from France from the 1800's and was saying what brand and everything it was. I think I was lucky that she didn't rip it out of my hands!! Anyway it is very dainty and not a full collection, but I love it! Such a fun find...I just smile when I look at this little teacup :)
Around the lip is this cool light green pattern that is just sooo pretty

4 comments:

TheRays said...

I'm so jealous of your find. I went to one of the best estate sales ever last weekend but couldn't buy anything because of all the prices! You did good sister:)

Liz Moffitt said...

Maggie that is beautiful....you have a good eye!

abbey said...

maggie those are beautiful. talk about being in the right place and the right time...that's awesome!

Danna Humphreys said...

So pretty!! It should be named Margaret Kathyrn china!