Sunday, August 24, 2008

Well, as most of you know Blair is in Bratislava, Slovakia for a week. I have been thinking about making a blog for a while now and I thought what better time to start than when Blair is out of town.


Blair is in Bratislava to work on a planning and design project with a team of students and professors from MIT. He will be spending the next seven days doing site visits and due diligence before returning to Boston where the group will spend the next semester designing a health spa resort.

I have been missing him like crazy, and we had kind of a dramatic departure at the T station! I couldn't hold back my tears! I think it made it harder since he left at 9:30 at night....I had all day to be sad and think about him leaving! But, things have been ok since he has been gone. We have talked on ichat video...which is way better than talking on the phone anyway. I even got to see his hotel room and say hi to his roommate Victor, who is a really great guy from MIT. They seem like they are having a great time so far!



Today some of my culinary friends and I went to China Town to have some "Dim Sum", which is the name for a Chinese cuisine which involves a wide range of light dishes served alongside Chinese Tea . It is usually served in the mornings until noon time at Chinese restaurants and at specialty dim sum eateries where typical dishes are available throughout the day. It is served in small portions, usually 3-4 of each particular item. Sort of like tapas. One of my friends Stefanie is Vietnamese so she knew what to get and told us all about all of the different dishes. We even ate chicken feet, which were surprisingly good! We also had tripe, which is the first stomach lining of a cow....not so good. Very rubbery!! Stef loved it though!! I tried one piece and was finished with that...for life! My favorite was the dessert, which was watermelon balls with a light coconut milk and tapioca balls!! It was so good and refreshing!!

I will keep you all updated on more culinary adventures to come! Tomorrow in class we are making homemade mozzarella and ricotta cheese!! We are also going to taste our pickles and beef jerky that have been sitting all weekend just soaking up flavor!! Yum!

No comments: