Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nova Scotia

I just realized that I only posted about half of the trip from Maine, Nova Scotia, and PEI. I was a bit distracted with all of the birthday posts! We had such a fun time with Kirk and Danna on our road trip. We headed north and since we had a car it was very easy to stop literally wherever we wanted. Sometimes I get used to just taking a plane somewhere and being a bit restricted on time and locations. It was really fun to go on an official "road trip"! The east coast is very beautiful and I feel like growing up in the midwest it is just not something you know about. Most of the times when people travel this way it is to go visit NYC. We have really enjoyed living in this area and it is so neat that all of the states are so small. You are literally driving in different state in only 45 minutes! We have loved driving to NY, DC, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. The drives are all so beautiful filled amazing landscapes, farms, and quaint factories. I know it will be a place I would love to come back to in the future. If you ever get a chance to just come up and explore, you definitely should. First stop should be Vermont. They have such strict rules on everything that protects nature, event their highways are beautiful!! This was the furthest north we had driven and it was also fun to go into Canada. It was a strange combination of feeling familar, but at the same time completely foreign. Also, you can't forget that it gets a lot colder in Canada...even in June!!! Here are some more pictures from Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
The Citadel
The cute town square
Our super fun hike to the falls in Baddeck!
Meat Cove (The sailors named it this a long time ago because they would always stop here to hunt. It always had plenty of wild game)

Anne of Green Gables!!
The house that inspired her!
Our last night in PEI
This place was so yummy..."Oh yummers she exclaimed" -that one is for you Lainey ;)
Love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maggie, I loved all the pictures! Sweet memories of a wonderful trip! We miss having you here, but Blair will be back home in Boston tomorrow. Thanks for all the reminders of our trip together.